Sunday, December 10, 2023

Do not feel sorry for me...

Instead of feeling sorry for my painful loss; use it to create a desire to want to help. Use the energy you would use up shedding some tears, or a moment of compassion, into a movement!  Talk to your kids first and foremost; make sure they are confident, mentally healthy, and completely happy. Then branch out to their friends; do they know someone who is going through a tough time? You might be the link/connection that they so desperately need.
Someone is struggling with mental illness and is possibly contemplating suicide; yes, right now... So, if u know or know someone who could probably, and more than likely would love to have someone ask them how they are doing. Wouldn't that be so awesome if your phone call made them realize that they are in others' thoughts, and changed their mind!?!?

After losing my 
eldest Son to himself (suicide), I felt an extreme amount of guilt for not seeing how much of a dire straits he was in. Also because we were extremely close, we talked about anything and everything too. So, no matter how well you think you know your child (are you really sure about that)? He was so convinced that by doing that, it was what was supposed to happen.

 I tried repeatedly to keep him in counseling, by the time; he was a teenager who had strong opinions and reasons why he didn't want to go.  

 I am hoping that others can and will learn from our errors in judgment and losses due to those mistakes.  I feel like we all take something or someone for granted at least once in our lives. But please do not fall victim to the STIGMAS surrounding the neglected topic of suicide. The infamous belief of some parents that think, "That would never happen to me". 

If you don't take the time to do and say the things you need and want to... sometimes you lose those chances sooner, than later.

So, to keep a longer story shorter; if he had found help and kept the faith; he would have seen how successful his music has become. Not to mention all the tears that have been shed from his loss. With more and more of the "Lessons from the Light" that I receive;  the more I am convinced that he does know.

Believe me when I tell you that some days it feels like the day of discovery for me and definitely not many years. So, please never allow yourself to tell someone to "get over it already"; because I'm convinced that is a loss a Parent cannot ever fully "get over". You must learn to live without them, it hasn't been easy. Honestly, there are days are wish I hadn't woke up to the pain of yet another day without my eldest Son.


HTTPS://Facebook.com/StopSuicideOneStigmaAtATime

Rockin his matrix spike!

Rockin his matrix spike!

Popular Posts